These are yummy and I always have some in a jar in the fridge. They are great to top salads, pizza’s, tarts and quiches.
- 5 red onions, halved and sliced thinly
- 100ml balsamic vinegar
- 60g caster sugar
- salt and pepper
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Slice the onions and place in a deep roasting tin
- Add the sugar, oil and vinegar and season. Stir to combine.
- Place in a 180°C preheated oven and roast for 30 minutes, tossing every so often.
- After 30 minutes, take out the oven and leave to cool. Store in a sterilized jar and keep in the fridge. They will become sticky and sweet once cooled.