I don’t know where the first week of March has gone but I can surely say that it officially feels like spring! The suns been out and daffodils are starting to infiltrate their way onto desks and kitchen tables. Time for spring clean of the same old lunch time menu (i.e. soup) and a refreshing recipe….
Serves 2 (for a good lunch)
- 1 mango, cut into 2cm cubes
- About 8 cherry tomatoes, diced
- ½ red chilli, chopped finely
- ½ small red onion, chopped finely
- Bunch coriander, chopped
- Bunch mint, chopped
- Bunch basil, chopped
- ½ pomegranate, seeds
- 1 lime
- 6 slices halloumi
- Runny honey
- Handful sesame seeds
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large bowl and muddle together with the juice of the lime. Season with salt and pepper. Add a splash of extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a frying pan until hot and add a small drizzle of oil. Fry the halloumi until golden on both sides. Turn the heat off and add a tsp of runny honey and the sesame seeds and coat the halloumi for about 30 seconds before removing from the heat.
- Serve the salsa topped with the warm halloumi slices.