This batch was giant I tell you….maybe a little too giant? But non-iced they’d be amazing toasted for breakfast with nutella like a bounty bar! This is a pretty basic muffin mixture so feel free to add fruit or chocolate as you please….
Makes 8-9 large muffins (I recommend making them smaller)
- 250g self raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarb
- 145g caster sugar
- 1 handful dessicated coconut
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 85g butter, melted
- 250g cream cheese
- Zest of 1 lime and the juice of ½
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Mix the flour, bicarb, sugar and dessicated coconut in a large bowl
- Add the melted butter, coconut milk and the beaten eggs.
- Using minimal stirs to make sure the muffins are light in texture and not dense, stir until just combined (if there are a few flour lumps this is ok)
- Spoon generously into a muffin tin lined with cases and bake for 20-30 minutes until cooked.
- Leave to cool. Meanwhile, mix the creme cheese, lime zest and juice and sieve in the icing sugar.
- Mix well and transfer to a piping bag
- Only when the cakes are cool, pipe on the icing however you like and scatter with extra lime zest or coconut if you like.