was recently lucky enough to receive a generous bounty (excuse the pun) of The Coconut Collaborative’s tasty products to do some experimenting with. As my close friends will know I love all things coconut. I can’t get enough. So any food based with this creamy exotic flavour is in my good books. While targeted at the dairy free among us, you would not know for the lack of it with it creamy moreish taste. I thought I’d attempt to use their delicious flavoured and non flavoured yoghurts in a cake, dairy free, and packed with fruit. Devine.
And I know recipes do tend to write this a lot but this really (truly, honestly) is the EASIEST cake in the world to knock out. I think it took me a 5 minutes. Mixing bowl, spoon and loaf tin. Minimal washing up…more eating time. No scales needed just a ratio of yog-pots!
Makes 1 loaf
- 1x 120g pot of ‘The Coconut Colloborative’ blueberry yoghurt (Here is have used this coconut based yoghurt so this is a dairy free loaf! But feel red to use any yoghurt of choice)
- 2 pots self raising flour
- Just under 1 pot caster sugar (dependant on the sweetness of your yoghurt)
- 1/2 pot of vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/ seeds from 1 pod
- Pinch salt
- 150g blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. and grease and line a loaf tin
- Place the yoghurt in a large mixing bowl and then add the rest of the ingredients except the blueberries.
- Mix thoroughly to combine until you have a smooth batter
- Mix in the blueberries
- Spoon the mixture into a loaf tin and bake in the own for about 45 minutes until cooked. Bake for a little longer if a knife inserted into the middle does not come out clean.
- Leave to cool, dust with icing sugar and serve with extra blueberries and a hearty spoonful of Coconut Ice cream (see here for a dairy free option)