alling all sports fanatics, runners, lycra glad cyclists and yogis. Energy balls. In the fast paced and immediate society we now live in (London specifically), time is something that we so regularly abuse…’I’m just so busy I didn’t have time’. Which has carved the way for the new found energy ball to eat on the go before that lunch time pilates class or to fill a void between your next avocado. The happy balance being convenience and keeping a healthy lifestyle.
The energy ball currently populates the nation from supermarket to sport shop and will in the oh so near future be a much bigger part of my life (cliff hanger). Many health bars/snacks on the market are unhealthily and sneakily filled with naughty ingredients and additives. But homemade energy balls really are pure and clean. And full of….energy!? And I’m more than pleased to add that these really are as quick to make as they are to gobble down before that spinning class.
Provided you have a food processor (I’m being presumptuous) then all you need to do is pulse it all together! I mean…if you want to squat at the same time then be my guest. And hey…who said they had to be balls? Make them triangles if you have the time.
Adapted from ‘Deliciously Ella’
Ingredients (makes about 20)
- 400g dates (pitted). I also threw in a handful of prunes for good measure
- 100g oats
- 100g pecans
- 2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter (feel free to use any other nut butter)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Blend the oats and pecans until a fine mixture in a food processor.
- Add the other ingredients and pulse until you have a sticky mixture.
- Roll into balls (golf ball sized) and chill in the fridge (covered) until needed